The Lancia Delta was first unveiled at the 1979 Frankfurt Motor Show and is best known for its World Rally Championship (WRC) career, when it won the WRC constructors’ championship for a record six times successively from 1987 to 1992. The unrivalled performance and durability of the Delta made it a cult classic in an instant.
Production of the first-generation Delta began in 1979 and the car was voted European Car of the Year in 1980. A special Delta HF Integrale variant was released in 1987. The Integrale was of four-wheel drive configuration with a five-speed, turbocharged 2-litre petrol engine, initially an 8-valve and later revised as a 16-valve. Although part of the UK Lancia range, the Integrale was only released as left-hand drive – aftermarket right-hand drive conversions were available but most had undesirably low-geared steering. Production of the first-generation Delta ended in 1994, with a total of 44,296 Integrales manufactured.
First registered on 6th December 1988, this original UK-supplied Lancia Delta HF Integrale 8v is presented in Monza red with plush alcantara interior. The car has covered 77,000 miles from new and drives spot-on, benefitting from a fresh service and recent new cambelt, tensioner, water pump, radiator and front brake discs and pads. The turbocharged 2-litre engine is strong and performs impeccably. Showing no signs of any accident damage or corrosion, this Delta is in remarkable condition throughout having had extensive recommissioning carried out in recent years. The alcantara interior and Recaro seats are in excellent, clean condition with a new headliner recently fitted.
This Integrale is supplied with two sets of keys, a bespoke car cover and a documented timeline of service, maintenance and ownership records dating back to the point of registration – revealing an outlay of over £20,000. She is sold newly serviced and MoT’d until 31st May 2022 with no advisories.
Service and maintenance overview:
- 06/12/1988 – First registered. Declared new in GB by independent importer. Sold by Birds Automobiles Ltd, London (Lancia main dealer).
- 15/06/1989 (approx. 3,750 miles) – New oil, oil filter and wiper blades.
- 19/09/1991 (24,375 miles) – Full service, new cambelt, front discs, rear exhaust box, oil filter and air filter.
- 05/08/1994 (36,943 miles) – Service including plugs, oil and oil filter.
- 01/02/1996 – Service including oil, air filter, plugs, rear brake pads and speedo cable.
- 05/06/1997 (44,730 miles) – Service including oil, oil filter, air filter, plugs and new brake discs front and rear.
- 11/08/1997 (45,080 miles) – New front suspension legs, crank shaft pulley and fuel pump.
- 14/11/1997 (47,267 miles) – MoT and new cambelt, oil filter, plugs and anti-freeze.
- 02/12/1998 (53,076 miles) – MoT and new tyres and oil sender unit.
- 22/06/1999 – New oil, oil filter, front exhaust section, wiper blades and headlamp bulb.
- 12/01/2002 – New camshaft belt, tensioner and bearing.
- 21/03/2003 – Wheels refurbished and balanced.
- 13/03/2004 – New rear silencer.
- 21/09/2006 (60,557 miles) – New APS sensor and engine management check.
- 09/06/2008 (61,477 miles) – New starter motor.
- 17/07/2008 (61,516 miles) – Service including oil, oil filter and anti-freeze.
- 08/10/2008 (61,713 miles) – New fuel filter and pipe.
- 22/07/2009 (62,854 miles) – New cambelt tensioner and water pump.
- 14/07/2010 – Service including oil filter and anti-freeze.
- 23/03/2011 (65,703 miles) – New tyres all round.
- 05/05/2011 (65,703 miles) – New handbrake cable, rear brake pads and brake calliper.
- 13/03/2012 (67,211 miles) – Service including oil, air filter, plugs, brake fluid and anti-freeze.
- 22/06/2012 (67,511 miles) – New N/S wheel bearing, fuel tank pipe and O/S window regulator.
- 04/07/2012 (67,571 miles) – Install immobiliser.
- 16/08/2012 – New lower suspension bushes and windscreen washer/jet.
- 02/10/2013 (69,573 miles) – New clutch cable.
- 15/05/2014 (70,216 miles) – New ignition amplifier unit.
- 17/07/2014 (70,538 miles) – New gearbox, gearbox oil and clutch bush.
- 13/08/2014 (70,608 miles) – New clutch and oil seals.
- 09/09/2014 (70,873 miles) – New water/air temperature sensor and idle control valve.
- 11/04/2015 (71,651 miles) – Oil change and electronic tune.
- 21/08/2015 (72,266 miles) – New front fog lamps.
- 10/11/2015 (73,621 miles) – New wipe hose.
- 11/01/2017 (73,969 miles) – New front MacPherson struts and rear wash wipe pump.
- 21/07/2017 (74,101 miles) – Full service and remove/adjust rear brake assemblies.
- 20/09/2017 (74,364 miles) – New O/S headlight lens.
- 13/07/2018 (75,312 miles) – New cambelt, tensioner, water pump, cam cover gaskets, radiator, fuel hose, distributor oil seal and front hub bearing. All earth terminals cleaned. Instrument clusters stripped.
- 10/08/2018 (75,343 miles) – New rotor arm and distributor cap.
- 31/08/2018 (75,560 miles) – Service to include oil, oil filter and new oil cooler hoses.
- 12/09/2018 – New front tyres.
- 23/01/2019 – New bespoke stainless steel back box (J Ashley).
- 01/05/2019 – New rear tyres.
- 20/05/2019 (76,563 miles) – Full service and new starter motor and oil aux belt.
- 30/05/2020 – Adjustment to handbrake and headlights. Welding to NS-OS front cross member.
- 09/06/2020 – New front brake discs and pads.
- 01/08/2020 – New interior headliner.
- 21/05/2021 (77,446 miles) – MoT.
- 24/06/2021 – Full service carried out by Thorobred Cars, Laleham (classic Fiat / Alfa Romeo specialist).
NB: There are many more receipts for work/parts not listed above. Mileage is recorded in km (metric) but has been converted to miles (imperial) for the purpose of this listing – conversions may not be exact.
This vehicle is now sold.
Looking to sell? – At PM Antiques we strive to find prestigious classic vehicles to add to our stocklist. From barn finds to concours winners, single vehicles to whole estates, we offer a courteous professional service and a fast decision. For more information please visit our Classic Cars page.